Booshaka FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can't I access the leaderboard and/or the dashboard.
- We utilize Facebook's authentication model which requires third-party cookies in your web browser to be enabled. Below are links to instructions on how to enable third-party cookies:
- How is the Fan of (the) Day selected?
- We select the Fan of Day from the fans that are active on the Timeline Application, web widgets, and mobile applications (that integrate w/ our API):
- You can only be selected (a maximum of) once every 30 days
- You must be active daily/weekly to be considered; monthly or infrequent activity won't get you a FOD!
- There is no fan voting ... yet :-)
- The selection is done auto-magically using a super secret scoring system that favors fans with recent and consistent activity
- How does the leaderboard work?
- The leaderboard scores and ranks fans by the quality of their participation:
- Higher quality activity (on topic and engages with the community) will earn extra points. Lower quality activity (off topic and spam) will earn less points.
- Consistent activity over time is more valuable than repeatedly performing the same action, such as re-tweeting hundreds of tweets in one day.
- The rankings for each page are calculated once a day for the basic product. 4X a day for the paid version.
- The monthly leaderboard is reset at the beginning of every month on UTC boundaries.
- The leaderboard for a new month is displayed on the 3rd of the month (UTC) to allow a few days for page owners to recognize the previous month's top fans.
- What kind of rewards do I get for climbing the leaderboards on a Facebook page?
- For many of those pages, finding out about their top fans is a brand new idea and we're encouraging them to recognize you for your support. We're providing a simple way to figure this out, so that promotions are built around engagement rather than randomness. And let those pages know that your efforts deserve a reward!
- What kind of rewards do I get for climbing the leaderboards on Booshaka?
- You get our respect and admiration! And additionally, we're working on some sweet badges so you can show off the results of your hard work.
- How do you gather information for the leaderboard rankings?
- We use the Facebook Graph API to retrieve all activity on fan pages and calculate scores based on our proprietary algorithm. All activity on fan pages are in the public domain. We are following all of Facebook's privacy guidelines.
- How do I remove myself from the leaderboard rankings?
- You can opt-out of our rankings here.
626 Jefferson Ave,
Redwood City, CA 94063